- Prep 10min
BySugar and Charm
Updated April 25, 2017
box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ cake mix (any chocolate flavor)
box coated chocolate candies (like Reese's Pieces candy) for the nose
container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped Frosting Chocolate
Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Follow the directions on the box to mix batter and bake in mini muffin tins sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Remove cupcakes from oven to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before proceeding.
Frost each mini cupcake top with the whipped chocolate frosting. Dip two mini pretzels in frosting, then place them on the cupcake in the antler positions. Push them in so they will stay upright.
Add two candy eyes and one coated candy piece for the nose. Continue with remaining cupcakes.
Nutrition InformationNo nutrition information available for this recipe
More About This Recipe
- Using mini pretzels, little candy eyes and noses, you can create these adorable Mini Reindeer Cupcakes that will give Santa a good belly laugh this season!Dasher, is that you?These are the most adorable and charming Mini Reindeer Cupcakes for the holidays. They're so fun to do with your kids! Bring these cupcakes to your office celebration or holiday party and watch the reaction.These cupcakes are super easy. Seriously super easy.Serve on a platter and they're ready to wow Santa or your holiday guests!
17 Seriously Adorable Reindeer Desserts to Make This Christmas
These sweet reindeer cupcakes and cookies will "sleigh" you.
Even Rudolph would approve of these sweet reindeer cupcakes, cookies, and cakes.
Save these reindeer dessert recipes for later! Don't forget to follow Woman's Day on Pinterest for more great recipes.
These adorable gingerbread-flavored reindeer macarons will be the hit of your holiday shindig.
Get the recipe at From My Lemony Kitchen.
These cupcakes are as delicious as they are elegant.
Get the recipe at Sprinkle Bakes.
These cute mini treats will delight kids and adults alike.
Get the recipe at Hungry Happenings.
Nilla Wafers + red M&M's + chocolate frosting = the cutest Christmas cupcakes.
Get the recipe at One Little Project.
The shiny red nose on this chocolate cupcake will have you humming the classic Christmas tune all day long.
Get the recipe at Laura's Bakery.
Pretzel ears top off this cute Christmas treat.
Get the recipe at Like Mother Like Daughter.
These intricate sugar cookies are must-serve dessert for your next holiday party.
Get the recipe at Sweetambs.
Talk about eye-candy! These beauties are almost too gorgeous to eat.
Get the recipe at Sweetapolita.
These cute and chewy delicacies are drizzled with tasty white chocolate.
Get the recipe at Shugary Sweets.
To make these cute pops, cover Rice Krispies treats with melted milk chocolate, and a reindeer decorating kit. Pretty easy, right?
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sifted self-rising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 drop brown food coloring
- 6 vanilla wafer cookies (such as Nilla®)
- 12 red jelly beans
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 24 chewy chocolate-flavored candy (such as Tootsie Roll®)
- 24 pretzels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
Combine 9 tablespoons butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Fold in half the flour and 1/4 cup milk and stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
Remove tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before decorating, about 1 hour.
Combine confections' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon milk in a large bowl beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Thin frosting with a little milk or water, if necessary. Add food coloring and stir until frosting is uniformly brown. Add more food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until frosting is the color you like.
Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of each cupcake. Break vanilla cookies in half. Place a cookie half on each cupcake as a mouth. Use a bit of frosting to "glue" a jelly bean onto the cookie for Rudolph's red nose. Stick 2 candy eyeballs into each cupcake. Break off a piece from each pretzel so they look like antlers and stick 2 into the top of each cupcakes. Shape chewy candies into ears and stick 2 into the sides of each cupcake.
18 Adorable Christmas Cupcake Recipe Ideas That Are (Almost) Too Sweet to Eat
Christmas is right around the corner, so everyone’s ready to PAR-TAY. Whether you’ll be hosting a bash or two or attending as a guest, leave cookies and cocktails to someone else. Instead, bring out *the* sweet treat that’s guaranteed to get the most oh-em-gees: cupcakes. You can’t go wrong with cute Christmas cupcakes — especially when they feature adorable Mickey ears, sugary Frosty faces or comical Rudolph noses. Here are 18 crafty cupcakes guaranteed to make you everyone’s holiday BFF.
1. Reindeer Cupcakes: You need these in your life right now! Break them out while watching your fave Hallmark holiday romances involving cheesy mistletoe kisses, perfect snowflakes and mischievous elves, and they’ll put you in the Christmas mood. (via Your Cup of Cake)
2. Christmas Light Cupcakes: The M&M *bulbs* on these little trees have a totally 3D effect. It’s so cool, and the technique is so easy, even the littlest bakers in the house can get in on the decorating action. (via Baked Bree)
3. Mini Christmas Tree Cupcakes: These mini cupcakes are super easy and fun to make all you need is buttercream icing, piping bags, tips and sprinkles. Add a playlist of your favorite holiday tunes in the background, and you’ll be dancing around the kitchen while they bake. (via Lydia Bakes)
4. Santa Hat Cupcakes: Here’s a festive cupcake that requires no special decorating tools. Just pipe on store-bought icing straight from the tube, then add mini marshmallows and voila! — jolly Santa hat! (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
5. Hot Cocoa Cupcakes: These hot cocoa cupcakes are cold-weather cute and full of seasonal flavor, thanks to hot cocoa mixed right in the batter. Add fresh whipped cream, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, crushed peppermint and all your fave toppings. (via Lick the Bowl Good)
6. Snowman Cupcakes: These jolly little guys are guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Keep your phone handy while you bake, because they’re guaranteed to rack up the likes. (via Little Sunny Kitchen)
7. Ultimate Chocolate Reindeer Cupcakes: These cupcakes are made from the very best chocolate batter you’ll ever taste, then topped with a giant swirl of chocolate ganache. Add a peanut-butter cup head, M&Ms nose and candy cane antlers and they’re utterly irresistible. (via Hungry Happenings)
8. Snowman Cupcakes: These little treats are *snow* good, as only cupcakes topped with donut holes can be. Both pieces are rolled in confectioner’s sugar before assembly, making this cupcake doubly sweet. (via Bakerella)
9. Adorable Rudolph the Reindeer Cupcakes: Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer… had a shiny gumball nose! Your littlest guests will be wowed to see their fave christmas animation make an appearance on your dessert table. (via Crafty Morning)
10. Christmas Tree Cupcakes: The base of this cupcake is the richest double-fudge cake batter you’ll ever taste. Prepare for the onslaught, because everyone will be asking for the recipe. (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
11. Santa Hat Cupcake With Homemade Icing: These cupcakes are easy to make but look like a million bucks. But the real star of the show is the homemade butter cream icing that melts in your mouth like the very snowflakes you’re piping on. (via Midget Momma)
12. Easy Snowman Cupcakes: These snowman are so festive, and they come together quickly using ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Be sure to finish them off with a generous avalanche of granulated sugar *snow* to make them extra-sweet. (via One Little Project)
13. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes: These chocolate cupcakes are intensely flavored with coffee and peppermint in the batter. Add a mountain of peppermint vanilla frosting and crushed candy canes and you will be in dessert heaven! (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
14. Polar Bear Paw Footprint Cupcakes: These polar bear cupcakes look just like little teddy bear paws. And the clever coconut *fur* makes them as sweet to look at as they are to eat. (via One Little Project)
15. Mickey Mouse Santa Hat Cupcakes: Hold onto your holiday Mickey Mouse ears, because everyone’s fave santa hat cupcakes just got a cartoonish twist. Your *new* favorite Christmas cupcake has just arrived! (via Two Sisters Crafting)
16. Hot Chocolate Cupcakes: Christmas season has not truly arrived until you spend a morning sipping on hot cocoa. Be sure to invite a few friends over, because treats this sweet must be shared. (via Your Cup of Cake)
17. Mini Polar Bear Cupcakes: Sprinkles and candies make for the cutest little cupcake faces. These baby bears would be super adorable at a winter wonderland-themed party. (via Bakerella)
18. North Pole Cupcakes: Remember when you were small and you thought the north pole really was a candy cane? That’s why everyone *hearts* cupcakes — they recapture all that’s magical about the holidays. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
If you’re enchanted with these adorable holiday cupcakes, follow us on Pinterest for more.
Double Chocolate Mini Reindeer Cupcakes - Recipes
RELATED RECIPE COLLECTIONS
|DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CINNAMON MINI|
|DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CINNAMON MINI|