We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Melt a little butter in a large skillet. Heat over medium heat.
Place one tortilla half in the skillet. On one half of the tortilla, layer 1/4 cup of the cheese, 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, 1 slice of ham and another quarter cup of the cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over, creating a pocket. Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
Cook the quesadillas for 3-5 minutes per side, until browned.
Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve with a dollop of salsa.
More About This Recipe
- This is the final post in our Easy Mexican Recipes Series. If you missed the others, see Chicken Tacos, Spicy Mexican Casserole, and Homemade Nachos. We hope you enjoy these Mexican-inspired flavors and recipes!
It seems like everywhere you look lately, a magazine or website is talking about cheese sandwiches. They're hot right now (ha! couldn't resist!), and the combinations go well beyond the ol' American cheese and white bread toasted on the stove. Fancy meats, fruits, veggies and a variety of cheeses are gracing the interiors of cheese sandwiches across the country (and across the media). It seems like this fall, we are in the age of the upscale cheese sandwich.
With the cooler temperatures setting in, a nice toasted cheese sandwich is the perfect antidote for chilled toes and being wrapped tightly in sweaters.
One of my favorite iterations of the cheese sandwich is the quesadilla though, which uses a tortilla instead of bread. Inside the quesadilla, there are endless possibilities as well. Change up the cheeses to give it French flair or country goodness. Add some different flavors to the center -- chopped or shredded meats, veggies, whatever.
Today's combo? Ham, Egg and Cheese Quesadillas. These basic, simple ingredients combine for a fabulous, filling breakfast quesadilla, which is a lot like your favorite breakfast sandwich. It's perfect for a fast, on-the-go breakfast. Tender scrambled eggs are flanked with sharp cheddar and sweet ham (I prefer Virginia ham or honey ham, sliced thin).
But is it really fast? I think so. It takes only about 10 minutes to make these tasty cheese sandwiches ... If you have leftover eggs, that keeps it speedy too.
Looking for another delicious combination that isn't so breakfasty? Try Black Bean, Avocado and Red Pepper Quesadillas. Fabulous for a filling, veggie-filled option.
Sarah W. Caron (aka scaron is a food writer, editor and blogger who writes about family-friendly foods and raising a healthy family at Sarah's Cucina Bella.
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
’ll barely taste the broccoli among all the other fun flavors packed into these quesadillas.
The balance in these boxes is perfect: You have your healthy carbs, protein, vitamins, and minerals all under one roof.
But feel free to change up what you put in your quesadillas. You can use egg whites as opposed to whole eggs asparagus, spinach, or kale instead of broccoli and any kind of fruit you want on the side. And, if you’re anything like me and you carry some hot sauce in your purse, a little bit of Tabasco will do wonders for your quesadilla. Just saying!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup raspberries
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup blueberries
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the ham and broccoli, and cook until the broccoli is tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring gently with a silicone or heatproof spatula, until they just begin to set season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the egg mixture sprinkle with the cheese. Fold in half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place the quesadillas, raspberries, blueberries, and tangerine segments into meal prep containers. Will keep covered in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days. The quesadillas can be reheated in the microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through.
NUTRITION FACTS: CALORIES: 291.0 / TOTAL FAT: 12.0 / TRANS FAT: 0.0 / SATURATED FAT: 3.0 / CHOLESTEROL: 204.0 /
SODIUM: 802.0 / CARBOHYDRATES: 24.0 / FIBER: 3. 0 / SUGAR: 11.0 / PROTEIN: 20.0
Get More Great Cooking Advice from Grand Central Publishing Life & Style
Ham, Egg And Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
Ham egg and cheese quesadillas are filling, hearty breakfasts that are both fun to make and delicious to eat. The ham is the typical ingredient, but you may choose other interesting items depending on your taste.
You can make them without ham if you don’t want to, but the flavor of the ham can mask some of the taste of the other ingredients, and it might not be as filling. As a matter of fact, the ham egg and cheese quesadillas I’ve made are usually just as satisfying without the ham as they are with it.
It is a known fact that there is nothing better than waking up in the morning to a bowl of warm, fresh Ham Egg and Cheese Quesadillas. I cannot think of a better way to start off the day!
My wife is not so keen on them though, we will have to try a few times before we get the right idea. We love to eat breakfast in bed so it is more appropriate if we eat something like this after lunch or before dinner as it warms up our bodies and we are ready for the day.
Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas are very simple, healthy, and delicious. I love these quesadillas! If you are tired of the same old boring food like pastas, omelets, etc.
Why not try something new, try this healthy ham and cheese quesadilla. It is easy to make, healthy, and good for you too!
Ham & Cheese Egg Cups
This low-carb breakfast is comes together in no time&mdashseriously, they're ready in less than 30 minutes!
If you like your yolks super runny, you'll want to pull them around the 10 to 12 minute mark. They will need to cool for a bit in the muffin tin before you can remove them (they'll be HOT), and during these few minutes, the eggs will continue to cook.
Made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each cup with a slice of ham and sprinkle with cheddar. Crack an egg into each ham cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on how runny you like your yolks).
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition (per serving): 340 calories, 12 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 30 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 240 mg sodium
Cheese and ham quesadillas
A quesadilla is a dish in Mexican cuisine where cheese is placed on a cooking wheat or corn flour tortilla and then folded over and cooked until the cheese melts.
Quesadillas are similar to the dish from San Salvador pupusas
- 4 flourtortillas
- 115g (4 oz) thinly sliced cooked ham
- 115g (4 oz) gratedEmmental or Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped gherkins or capers
- Mix the gratedcheese and double cream
- Roughly chop the ham and stir into the cheese mixture
- Heat 1 tortilla in a large heavy based frying pan
- Place a quarter of the mixture in the centre of the tortilla
- Cook for a minute or two
- Fold tortilla in half, flip it over and cook for another minute
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining quesadillas
Add some chopped pickled Jalapeño chillies if you like it spicy
Browse Cookipedia's recipes with Pinterest
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#tortilla #cheese #cheeseandhamquesadillas #doublecream #ham #grated #cornflour #flour #capers #panfried #gherkins